April 7, 2010

Rag-Tie Snuggle Blanket Re-Vamp

Hello my Fantabulous Followers! Yesterday I swapped blogs with Ashley from Simply Designing! If you missed it here is what I put together:
Today I want to show you a different version of my rag-tie snuggle blanket that I have made in the past. This is for a friend's baby shower so I did not want to do the traditional pictures on one side. I went to the store and purchased all of my supplies:
-Print Fleece
-Plain Fleece
-Stciky Back Felt
-Embroidery Floss
-Additional Fabric

I first started out by printing out the letters onto cardstock to make a template. Once cut I traced them backwards onto the paper side of the sticky felt. Cut out letters.
I then arranged onto plain fleece and stuck them on. Now this is "cheating" but it does make it so much easier to work with the letters having them stuck on. (If you do not like the look of the felt you can always cute out fabric letters and iron them on with wonder under.)
Once the letters are in place you can either sew them with the machine, or use embroidery floss by hand. I opted for the floss because I love the look of it. However, because the fabric and the felt are so thick, it took me about 2 1/2 hours for each letter and many bruises on my fingers. (I had to try it once, I will probably never do it again.)

After that was completed I made the fabric flowers following this easy tutorial. (The only change I made was using felt centers for the flowers instead of buttons since that is a chocking hazard.) I then sewed the flowers onto the blanket.
I then assembled the blanket following this tutorial from the blankets I have made before.
I think it turned out so cute and the mom-to-be loved it!


SYS Thurs

Get your craft on Thurs.

Creations by Kara

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


The Trendy Treehouse


Blue Cricket Design: Show and Tell Wednesday


5 comments:

  1. I like to make pillow cases for my kids.

    http://debbiellbriskincare.blogspot.com/
    MBC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing sewing them all on by hand! Wow! It turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    xo

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and snuggly! Rylee is a lucky girl!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute...

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I truly enjoy reading each and every one!