April 6, 2010

Trading Tuesdays: {Simply Designing}

Hello my fantabulous followers. Today you are in for a treat because we have Ashley from Simply Designing here with us! She has put together an amazing tutorial just for you readers! So here is Ashley:



Simply Designing



Hello!!  I am so excited to be guest blogging here at One Crafty Mommy!  I always love a good blog swap! 



Isn't this just a great blog?!  I am so honored to be here and I really hope I don't mess it up :-)



I am Ashley, the face and voice behind Simply Designing!  I am fairly new to blogland but am loving every minute of it!  I am an interior designer and a floral designer.  I own my own business.  I also love to dabble in crafts, baby / child items, sewing, baking, cake decorating and a variety of other things.  I love finding ways to make my life more SIMPLE! 



I enjoy keeping busy and I have a list a mile long of "projects" I want to do.  And I love posting about my projects on my blog!



In addition, I am a wife to a wonderful husband and a mom of a 3.5 year old spunky little girl and a sweet cuddly 6 week old little boy!  So much fun!



Oh.  And in my spare time (ha!) I am attempting to open an Etsy shop.  It is a slow process for me, but I am enjoying that too.



Ok.  Now.  On to the GOOD stuff! 



I am so excited to be guest posting here today.  I am actually going to show off a tutorial that I have not posted on my site!  So this is new to you, followers of One Crafty Mommy, and new to my followers of Simply Designing!  What a fun day for all!



Today, I am going to show you how to make a very very SIMPLE TuTu and a fancy matching hair accessory!  Seriously.  This is so simple and there is no sewing involved!



It is easy to make, inexpensive, quick to finish and it is sure to make any little girl squeal with joy!  What a great project!






Here is what you will need:



(1) hair elastic / pony tail holder

(1) elastic headband

approx. 60' of ribbon  (I used ribbon that was 1.5" wide)

scissors and a measuring tape / ruler





For mine, I used two different ribbons but you can use 1, 2 or even more different ribbons, you will just want about 60' in total length.






Ribbon TuTu:


  • Cut 24 lengths of ribbon, each about 2' long (I angled the bottom of my ribbon).

  • Put the elastic headband around your legs to help keep it in place while you work. 
(nice photo huh? :-)
  • Tie the ribbons on the elastic headband so that both "tails" are about equal in length.
  • If using different ribbons, alternate them.
  • Continue to tie all 24 ribbon lengths on the headband. 
  • Voila!  Your TuTu is done!




Ribbon Hair Accessory:

  • Cut 10 lengths of ribbon, each about 1' long (I angled the bottom of my ribbon)
  • Tie the ribbons on the elastic pony tail holder so that both "tails" are equal in length as above.
  • If using different ribbons, alternate them.
  • Continue to tie all 10 ribbon lengths on the hair elastic.
  • Voila!  Your Fancy Ribbon Hair Tie is done!


Your final step?!?



Let the special little girl in your life squeal with joy and become the prettiest fairy / princess / ballerina ever!



Well, that is all for now wonderful One Crafty Mommy readers! Thank you so much for letting me come and share my tutorial with you.



Be sure to stop by my blog, Simply Designing, to check out One Crafty Mommy's blog post! (And feel free to poke around and check out my blog while you are there too!)



Happy Designing!

That is so cute!!! Thank you so much Ashley for being here today and sharing that adorable tutorial with us! If you want to check out what I made head on over to Simply Designing and while you are there see all of Ashleys amazing ideas! Enjoy!


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I truly enjoy reading each and every one!