January 3, 2010

Make Your Own Pillows!

Happy Sunday! While relaxing this lazy Sunday I stumbled across a site that I am now in love with! It is called All Things Thrifty and is composed of women who give you adorable decorating and craft ideas that are thrifty! It was hard to pick just one tutorial since they are all so fantastic but I was able to narrow it down to a fabulous one about making your own pillows! 

Now I know what you are thinking, this is going to be hard and not cost effective but trust me, you can do this! I am so excited to go to the craft store and buy some adorable fabric to make some of my own!

So the inspiration piece they used is from the Simple Vera Wang Collection at Kohl's which would cost you 50 dollars for one pillow! So here is the inspiration:



Cute pillow, not exactly my favorite color and way over-priced, but here is what you can do with it!




Didn't they do a fantastic job?! And for two pillows it cost them less than 20 dollars! I can't wait to do this myself! I am thinking about using this fabric which is only 10 dollars a yard which can easily make 2 pillows! So come join me and head on over to All Things Thrifty to start making your very own pillow! I'll upload my pictures when I am done and would love to see yours! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I truly enjoy reading each and every one!